Filtering Standards Subgroup
This subgroup will investigate standards for filtering for automatic updates and sharing of filtering
information, and better interaction between filters, MTAs and MUAs.
- Investigate the requirements for a common header to be produced by filters (something like "Filtered-By"),
so MUAs do not have to look for different types of headers. Included in this is research, are ways to deal
with possible forging of these headers by spammers.
- Research requirements for a filter specification format and possibly protocol, to be used for dynamic updates
for filters. Prior work, such as SIEVE (RFC 3028), will be considered.
- Provide one or more draft charters for an IETF WG and associated documents.
This subgroup started in February 2004.
None have been appointed yet.
This subgroup has a closed membership policy, to join contact the ASRG chairs.
- Developers of filters
- ISPs and MTA administrators
- Developers of MTAs and MUAs
To subscribe to the list contact the subgroup chair(s) or ASRG chairs.
Mailing list archives can be found at
"Filtering Standards" Wiki